Do I need an Employment Pass ?

Planning to relocate to Singapore? Or perhaps you’re thinking of registering a Singapore company and are also wondering whether you’ll also need to obtain a work visa. Well, if you’re a foreigner, you will need an employment pass in order to work on Singapore soil.

Singapore employment passes are a type of work pass (some refer to this as a work “visa”), that are issued to foreigners, enabling them to relocate and live in Singapore for a continuous period of time. Singapore employment passes can be issued for a maximum of 5 years. However, it is more common to have the employment pass issued for 2 years or even 1 year, in some circumstances. To know for how long a period your pass will likely be issued for, speak to our Employment Pass Experts.


How to apply for a Singapore Employment Pass

To apply for a Singapore employment pass, you will need to have a Singapore company make the application for you. The Ministry of Manpower is the Singapore Goverment authority that issues all workpasses. The quickest way to apply for this pass is through the EP Online system. For this to happen, a Singapore company needs to have an EP Online account. The company then needs to submit the application through this system.

Requirements for an EP

For information regarding the qualifying criteria, please refer to

Singapore Employment Pass processing time

Once submitted, from experience, it takes at least about 1 week for passes to be issued. In some cases, the processing time may be significantly longer, depending on various factors. For obvious reasons, factors such as the operating history or size of the company do make a difference. For a free consultation, speak to our EP Specialists today.


Find out everything you need to know about Employment Passes


Have our experts call you back


Employment Pass Benefits

Once you are issued an employment pass:

  1. You will be able to live in Singapore for an extended period of time.
  2. You no longer have to obtain a tourist visa or social visit pass when you enter the country.
  3. Your dependents (wife and children) may also be able to apply for dependent passes, or long-term visit passes (LTVP).
  4. As an employment pass holder, if you live in Singapore for a sufficient number of days, you will also be able to personal income taxation rates that apply to local individuals.
Ask our Experts
close slider


Ouch! There was a server error.
Retry »

Sending message...

Contact Us

By submitting this form, you are agreeing to our privacy policy & terms and conditions of use